How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7257
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Ive recently had a kitchen fitted in my landlord property ..

Customer Question

Hi ive recently had a kitchen fitted in my landlord property .. be said he would contribute to the kitchen I paid 4000 for kitchen landlord agreed to give me 1300 .. the estate agent has been out and seen the kitchen completed and took pictures to show landlord ..i also had to provide reciepts which have done landlord is nothing saying he won't help with payment as there is no invoice number on receipt I really need advice
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You need to write and set out your losses and request payment within 14 days or say will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?