How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6408
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I had a tenant in my property renting a double room she left

This answer was rated:

hello I had a tenant in my property renting a double room she left without paying the last month 1 month rent and I have taken the matter to court to recover the money she gave no forward address and letters are arriving on my flatQ? Am I obliged to inform her ?if so How do I find her address?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

You don’t know where the tenant has moved to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I dont
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
She left on 4 October. And there is no forwarding address. When i received thd court paper. The first one. I srnt her an email. With the letter addressed to me artached. She did nit reply. Theres another letter from court on her name. But i cant open it
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i would rather wait for your response in writing please

Ok. Just send it back return to sender, no longer at this address.

Problem is you need to know the last residential addrsss to take it to Court. So you can’t sue the tenant at your asdresss knowing they have moved out.

But if there are court papers, you must return to Court saying no longer at this address.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What exactly do you need to clarify ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The last residential address was my address as she shared the property with me she left and without giving a forwarding addressI already sent her an email with a copy of a court letter with my name and a case reference number

But that is not good service. The rules say you ant email her a copy. It must be served upon her residential address.

You don’t know what it is. I think you will have an issue with this when it comes to enforcement.

I am sorry this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, it I have a duty to be honest.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it does Thank you

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the bottom of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you