How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6454
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have a tenant renting our house. Originally it was let to

Customer Question

We have a tenant renting our house. Originally it was let to a husband and wife but they split up and he moved his girlfriend and her son in and there is no tenancy agreement in their joint names. The mortgage on it is interest only and the term is coming to an end in March 2018. The building society want to change it to a repayment mortgage or will look for us to make lump sum payments neither of which we can afford. We want to sell the property to clear the mortgage and avoid repossession but any buyers are looking for vacant possession. How much notice do we have to give the tenant?
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

2 months notice.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! Thank you.