How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 7285
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Can property sit 'outside' the Ltd company (as it is at

This answer was rated:

Can property sit 'outside' the Ltd company (as it is at present) but the company receive the income and pay mortgage

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I am not quite with you? Are you getting payments from your Ltd co?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Jamie, we are talking about: investment property owned privately but let through director's limited company

Ok. But are you getting any payment from the Ltd co?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not at the moment but I am planning to
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would like to let my property to my own property managing company so then company can let it to tenants
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Rent will be paid by tenants to my Ltd and mortgage payments will be paid by my Ltd
The Ltd then will have to pay corporation tax from profit
I could get payments from Ltd in form of dividend
Can I structure it this way or not?

Have you a formal written lease between Ltd and you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not yet

Ok. I dont think you can do this.

You can lease it from you to the Ltd company, but then HMRC would want to see that proper market rate is being paid by Ltd company to you.

The Ltd Co can not also pay the mortgage provider, they have no contract. The contract is between you and the mortgage co.

So I think you will be in some difficulty.

You need to either have the Ltd co own and have the mortgage, or you personally.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you