Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a tennant in my property. The tenancy started on the

I have a tennant in my property.
The tenancy started on the 20th May 2014, we have since changed the rent payment date to 1st of the month.
In March 2016 we changed the rent payment to include council tax (i.e. rent did not go up by payment went up to include council tax) by mutual agreement.I have two questions:
1 - when issuing a section 21 4a, this has to be 2 months notice and expire on the last day of the tenancy, but other people say the day before the rent is due. Which is correct.
2 - Does the change in payment by agreement constitute a new tenancy, or is our tenancy still dated 2014. This is important as it changes our obligations in terms of providing the guide to renting handbook.any additional help would be welcome.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

1. The day before. So if it ends 20/5/17 and you would put 19/5/17

2. No, its not a new tenancy, its just the which has been changed, nothing more.

3. Assuming the deposit is protected, its not a problem to issue a S.21 notice.

If not, I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we are sure it's the tenancy period and not the rental period?

Correct.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry could you clarify one more thing. Do I have to provide the how to rent handbook?

Yes you do.