Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I moved into a property recently where the goods (washing

Customer Question

Hi, I moved into a property recently where the white goods (washing machine, fridge, cooker) were excluded from the terms of the contract, even though the contract states:'THE LANDLORD AGREES' to keep these items in good repair and working order at their cost. There is a proviso that if they malfunction, I bear the responsibility, I agreed to this, thinking all appliances worked. When I tried to use washing machine, it didn't work. on a closer look,there was no water feed pipe to the machine. And while getting machine out, I ripped the lino.I explained my fears that this would happen to the Agents representing the Landlady, before I pulled washing machine out and they said I would still be responsible for the ripped lino. How do I stand please.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

I assume you are renting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi yea, I am renting.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

So how does the agency resolve the conflict between the clauses?