Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Regarding the last question the tenant is in arrears by

Regarding the last question
the tenant is in arrears by £7000 I have served a section 8 notice at the same time I've encouraged the tenant to find another property to move into she is searching on various websites am I within my rights to encourage her to move of her own accord?
Although she is in such arrears we are still on amiable terms I have always been on good terms with the family.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Assuming that the deposit is protected, the S.8 notice is on the prescribed form, then yes, you can encourage them to move out.

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?
If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No deposit was ever paid so this doesn't apply my solicitor has sent the s.8 notice so should be okay Instead of moving her into my wife's apartment can I help find another agent/ landlord to rehouse her would this be in order?

Yes.
Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please could you answer the last question copy below:

I thought I did. I replied - yes.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thank you.

No problem.