How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 12527
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Our new neighbors have set up a child minding business,

Customer Question

Our new neighbors have set up a child minding business, however it states in the deeds that no business can we run from the property and that it is to be used for a dwelling only. Also I am a permanent night worker and the noise of the children and cars coming and going through the day is disturbing my sleep. What legal right do I have?Many thanksAdrian
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question. You have a legal right to live in your house without other causing a nuisance and also breaching the title deeds so as to cause you nuisance. You should see a solicitor about taking out an injunction preventing the neighbour from running a nursery for those reasons. You can also seek the costs. Your lawyer will write a pre action letter in the first instance requesting that they cease and desist and court action can follow if they ignore that letter.