Experience:  30 years experience in property law.

Our new neighbors have set up a child minding business,

Customer Question

Our new neighbors have set up a child minding business, however it states in the deeds that no business can we run from the property and that it is to be used for a dwelling only. Also I am a permanent night worker and the noise of the children and cars coming and going through the day is disturbing my sleep. What legal right do I have?Many thanksAdrian
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question. You have a legal right to live in your house without other causing a nuisance and also breaching the title deeds so as to cause you nuisance. You should see a solicitor about taking out an injunction preventing the neighbour from running a nursery for those reasons. You can also seek the costs. Your lawyer will write a pre action letter in the first instance requesting that they cease and desist and court action can follow if they ignore that letter.