How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 33997
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed Barrister
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

My parents live on a rural property and have a vehicle right

This answer was rated:

Hi , my parents live on a rural property and have a vehicle right of access over the neighbouring property. Their neighbour is parking a jcb in a manner which is preventing tanker access and leaving them without heating. What is the quickest solution?

If they can not talk to the neighbours and provide them with a copy of the deeds which confirm the vehicular access then they really only have two real options. A solicitors letter would normally do the trick and should be tried - advising them that you would seek an injunction and damages should they not agree to resolving the issue. The second option is the actual injunction application to the court. In a case like this you could get into court very quickly. You could in theory also contact the police and blame obstruction - it will depend on your police force as to whether they take it seriously. House insurance may cover the legal costs. I hope that this helps and happy to discuss. Please rate positive.

ivorylounge and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you