Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have received a tenancy agreement and requested a 6-month

Hi there, I have received a tenancy agreement and requested a 6-month break clause. Please could you advise if I can give two months notice to vacate on the six month, or is it that I have to give two months notice after the six months.Here's what the agreement says:Notwithstanding the fixed term stated in Clause 1 of the Main Terms of the Tenancy, the Parties hereby agree that this Agreement may be terminated by either party giving to the other at least two months notice in writing, such notice not to expire until after six months of the start date of the Term. At the end of such notice the Tenancy shall end and all obligations and responsibilities shall cease; subject nevertheless to any claim by either Party against the other in respect of any breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement
Should the Tenancy be terminated on a date which is not the last day of a rental period then the Tenant’s obligation to pay rent shall cease on the termination date and the rent payment will be apportioned accordingly

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

You can give notice at any time. But it is a minimum of 2 months and you cant leave before month 6.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.