Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I would like to understand more about my restrictive

Hi, I would like to understand more about my restrictive covenant.a) not to erect construct or grow any walls fences hedges or other physical division on any part of the front garden of the property as indicated on the said Plan between the boundary lines shown thereon and Road or Roads upon which the said land hereby transferred abuts except such as may be erected as at the date hereofb) not to alter or raise the height of any of the walls or fences without the Transferror's prior written consent.c) not to allow to fall into disrepair any boundary structures marked with an inward 'T' on the said plan

Hi, the covenants state a) that you should not put up any fence or wall on the front boundary.

b) any existing walls or fences should not be increased in height without the consent of the person who sold the property to you (I imagine he may be the owner of the adjoining property).

c) looking at the Plan, you are responsible for maintaining the boundary as shown with an inwards T.

Does this help?

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The transferror as mentioned in the contract is a company which is dissolved in 2015. Will this covenants be still enforceable?
As this is a semi detached property, what if i want to change the fence on the shared boundary (this is not marked with inward T on the plan; but is marked with inward T on the neighbours property.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
plan as attached

Hi, the covenants pass to the new owner of next door, as the covenant is binding on your property and for the benefit of whoever owns next door.

As regards ***** ***** if there is an inwards T facing inwards next door, then this fence is their responsibility and you would need to obtain their express consent if you wished to change the fence. I am sure that if you are willing to pay for the new fence, your neighbour won't object.

If I have assisted, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if I wish to do an changes to boundary, a written permission from my neighbour would suffice?

Hi, yes- you should get their written permission.

Kind Regards Al