Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

We are a SME with 45 employees and have suffered losses and

Hi we are a SME with 45 employees and have suffered losses and incurred a £37K debt with Npower (electric) and we have offered a sensible plan (2-payments) and they have refused and are demanding full payment. The debt is over 4-months old, but our business situation has improved and we are nowable to clear the debt. They have threatened to disconnect. Please advise if they can do without any notice ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Have they obtained a warrant?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No but do they need a warrant or can they just break in ?

They need a warrant first. They should write to you and say that they will get one and the Court date.

Then you can attend Court and oppose it.

In the menatime, you should write and set out a formal complaint. They have to investigate it.

Their address is:

npower
PO Box 177
Houghton le Spring
DH4 9AQ

If that does not resolve it you can also go to the Ombudsman. They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint at:

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy

That should resolve it for you.

If not I would appreciate a 5 star rating for my answer. If you need more help, you can ask follow up questions for free and I would be delighted to assist. Thanks!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks that's great. I was just concerned they would turn up and disconnect without a warrant.

No, they can't. All the best