Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Our daughter has been living in a property we own for past 3

Our daughter has been living in a property we own for past 3 years. Recently she let her boyfriend come and stay with her. They have now split up and she has had to move in with us as he won't leave and she is very upset. Does he have any rights to stay there as he has never had a tenancy and has never paid any rent or bills? All bills etc are all in my name.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

None whatsoever. You can serve a notice to quit.

If he does not leave, then you can seek a Court order for possession.

But he has no right to remain.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi many thanks for the very fast response. I just have one follow up question please. How long will the notice to quit take?My daughter wants to move back into what was her home today or tomorrow if possible as all her clothes and belongings are there.

He can't stop her moving back in.

The notice gives 2 weeks to get out. If not then you can seek a Court order.

Does that clarify?