Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Assistant: What do you want help with? I have a property

Assistant: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a property together with a two holiday lets within the grounds under one title - the holiday cottages have separate electric supply, separate council tax but shared water and sewage - i want to split the title and sell the house for £925k and either sell or 5 year lease the cottages for £175k with an option agreement to sell the cottages both to the same purchaser- is this possible
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: kent uk
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
title deeds attached plus plan etched red denoting area containing holiday cottages that would be split
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I forgot to add, i have checked the planning permissions for the Holiday Cottages and there are no conditions relating to these being "ancillary" or tied to the main house

Hi, this is perfectly possible.

It would be easiest for you to sell the house first, in that all that will need to be done is for you to ask a Surveyor to prepare a Land Registry compliant Plan showing the extent of the house and land to be sold. As and when the Buyer completes, his Solicitor will then register this Plan at the Land Registry together with the Transfer, which will include a provision granting the necessary rights for drainage and any necessary rights of way over the land you retain. The Land Registry will grant a new title number for the house. You will then be left with your existing Title number, on which the 2 cottages are.

This is pretty straight forward procedure for a Conveyancing Solicitor.

I hope this assists and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer in the top right hand corner of your screen.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 3 months ago.