How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2465
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

My wife has inherited one third of her parents house with

Customer Question

My wife has inherited one third of her parents house with another third going to each brother. My wife and I will be buying out the brothers. Can we just prepare 2 letters that both parties sign to legalise the sale. There is no conveyance required.
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My wife was sole executor and we have probate
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only difference between the 2 bothers is one is payment in full, the other is still going to live in the house, so we plan topay him half in monies and other half we will let him live rent and bill free
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

For clarity is the property still held in her parents' name?