Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am ending my tenancy on my flat early as the shop

Customer Question

I am ending my tenancy on my flat early as the shop underneath us has changed and is now extremely loud and they are rude and aggressive towards us. In my contract it states that I have to pay rent until another tennent is found. Would I still be liable for this as the occupancy has changed in the shop so it's changed the property's suitability and it's the same landlord (different letting agent)
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Does your tenancy agreement permit termination on this basis?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As far as I know there is nothing saying I can end it due to an issue with the property. I'll get the contract now and check
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've included the 2 pages that I believe are relevant. Please see the section in which it states the landlords obligations.

The noise the Landlords fault? He is not causing it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He has put these people in there and has done nothing about it. It's not him directly.

Have you complained to the Council?