Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I've seen a case recently of a Canadian couple who have been

I've seen a case recently of a Canadian couple who have been thrown out of their home after thieves stole their identity and remortgaged their house for a substantial sum of money. It was intimated that had they taken out title insurance, they would have been covered against losses. I have a property in the UK and am wondering if it's worth taking out title insurance to protect against such a situation. Is this something that UK title insurance covers?

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I cannot comment on how this can have happened in Canada - but in the event that it happened here then the Mortgage would not be valid and the owners would not lose their home

There is no requirement for such Insurance in the Uk as our property market works on a different basis

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

.