How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 35574
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I've seen a case recently of a Canadian couple who have been

This answer was rated:

I've seen a case recently of a Canadian couple who have been thrown out of their home after thieves stole their identity and remortgaged their house for a substantial sum of money. It was intimated that had they taken out title insurance, they would have been covered against losses. I have a property in the UK and am wondering if it's worth taking out title insurance to protect against such a situation. Is this something that UK title insurance covers?

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I cannot comment on how this can have happened in Canada - but in the event that it happened here then the Mortgage would not be valid and the owners would not lose their home

There is no requirement for such Insurance in the Uk as our property market works on a different basis

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details


Clare and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you