How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9903
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Seeking a fast track injunction to gain access into my

This answer was rated:

Seeking a fast track injunction to gain access into my tenanted flat in order to perform essential works.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Tenant has already breached conditions of AST by taking internal doors down

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

have you given notice already?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Section 21 served by hand ( with witness) & post

Not a section 21. But notice to do works?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Prelimary works have been done we need to finish off . Can you tell me if I can get fast track acces thought the courts

what does the tenancy agreement say?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Madam with all due respect please can we assume that I have checked the AST , and it's caveats. Please Can You tell me if such a fast track exists Thankyou

You can apply for an injunction. The s.21 has nothing to do with it

You would need to complete form n208

And N16a

The court would set the matter down and decide whether to grant an injunction

If the Court does and the tenant refused entry this could be contempt of court which they can be warned, fined or sent to prison

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am familiar with the n208 . The process can take upto 5 months . Is there a fast track alternative

This is not an order for possession but an injunction

You can have a hearing within 24 hours if it is urgent

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you ..can you explain the process . Can one go directly to a independent barrister

You call the court, you make an appointment.

You submit the papers and then the court gives you a date/time to attend

Yes you can instruct a public access Barrister

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Lastly will the matter be heard in a county or magistrates court
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No content in your response

County court.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

If I can ask you to rate 5 stars before you leave today so the site credits me for the time spent. Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is it normal to be guided on a rating

Yes. Unless it’s a positive rating, the site does not pay me!

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you