How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9907
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

There was paing going on 2 doors from our house, yesterday I

This answer was rated:

there was paing going on 2 doors from our house, yesterday I came out and found my car had paint over rear end, I asked the workman who lives next door about it, he agreed that it wasthe same paint he was using, he said he didn't know how it got there and refuses to do anything about it, what can I do to have him pay for the removal

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

What is a 'paing'?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Ok - you need to get a cost of getting it removed, that forms your loss.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
do I charge the workmen or the house owner for the negligence

Workmen. Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thank you