Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Could you please advise on the following. I recently

Hi could you please advise on the following. I recently received a legal document it was an SAR request back from my mortgage company, the signature at the bottom can only be described as a squiggle with no name and no position held in Company, so I don't know who sent it - Is this legal please

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

You mean the person who sent you the SAR response?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the person signed with a squiggle and failed to give a name or position
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
that person is unknown.

That does not matter, it is legal.

It does not have to be from someone individually. You are making the request from the Mortgage Company, not an individual.

So yes, it is legal.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you. Not all info sent as I have kept recorded details and letters they have not included. They have not replied to my letters asking if they have sent all the information sent by tracked post.

Ok - your next option is to complain to the Information Commissioner.

www.ico.org.uk

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am pursuing a case for mis-sold mortgage

Ok - as I have said, you can go via the ICO regarding your SAR if you are not satisfied with the request.

Does that help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No, I have no faith in the Information Commisioner

If you disagree with their decision you can take it to Court.

But you need to take it step by step.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help

All the best. If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face at the top of the screen, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. It is also an important part of the online process. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you in advance and good luck!