How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11090
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

How have you got to Appeal against a County Court Judgement

This answer was rated:

How long have you got to Appeal against a County Court Judgement and what is the procedure .

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I claimed for goods taken from my old property by byer despite not asking me to remove them and putting locked gates there to impound them . the first thing that happened is the defendant got my claim struck out claiming that I had not detailed every Item .I applied to have my Claim reinstated . The claim was transferred to the local court . At the hearing last week the Deputy Judge would not reinstate my claim relying solely on the Defence of Defendant which was only produced 3 days prior to hearing .As the Defence was fabricated from start to finish It included unsigned statements plus a lot of untrue allegation that I had been asked to remove the goods on several occasions They also alleged that I had offered the Items to a friend of the Defendant for £6000 00 .I have never offered them to anybody let alone this unknown person .There were no statements showing this or any of the allegations in his Defence. After his Counsel had gone through the Defendants Defence I asked the Judge if I could show her Documents which I had to prove that Defendant was lying in his statement she said that she had made up her mind and she was refusing to reinstate my claim and as the other sided would be ordering me to pay side were claiming £4000 in costs which she considered to much

You have 21 days to appeal a decision made.

You would need to complete form N161:

You will also need to get a copy of the transcript. You need to complete form EX107:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
she would be ordering me to pay £2000.00 in 21 days but when I had Court Order she had only given me 14 Days. Is it best to Appeal this Judgement or Start another Claim on the basis that Defendant stated several times in his statement that he thought that I had abandoned the Items but he should have written to me to ask me to remove items . Just to let you know the Claim was for the value of Items plus interest from July 2014 The Value of Items removed or impounde was over £22000.00 plus Interest which comes to nearly £3000.00

You can not start another claim if it arises out of the same facts.

You need to appeal Judgment.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I will have a word my local solicitor re Appealing I will award you a 5 star rating


Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry for mistake £3000.00 should have been £30000.00

Yes, the answer is the same!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
As I qualify for remmision on form do I need to pay for Transcrpt

You do, yes.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have appealed and sent in my skeleton argument do I need to send a copy of this to the defendant at this stage