Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

How have you got to Appeal against a County Court Judgement

How long have you got to Appeal against a County Court Judgement and what is the procedure .
John

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I claimed for goods taken from my old property by byer despite not asking me to remove them and putting locked gates there to impound them . the first thing that happened is the defendant got my claim struck out claiming that I had not detailed every Item .I applied to have my Claim reinstated . The claim was transferred to the local court . At the hearing last week the Deputy Judge would not reinstate my claim relying solely on the Defence of Defendant which was only produced 3 days prior to hearing .As the Defence was fabricated from start to finish It included unsigned statements plus a lot of untrue allegation that I had been asked to remove the goods on several occasions They also alleged that I had offered the Items to a friend of the Defendant for £6000 00 .I have never offered them to anybody let alone this unknown person .There were no statements showing this or any of the allegations in his Defence. After his Counsel had gone through the Defendants Defence I asked the Judge if I could show her Documents which I had to prove that Defendant was lying in his statement she said that she had made up her mind and she was refusing to reinstate my claim and as the other sided would be ordering me to pay side were claiming £4000 in costs which she considered to much

You have 21 days to appeal a decision made.

You would need to complete form N161:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n161-eng.pdf

You will also need to get a copy of the transcript. You need to complete form EX107:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/order-a-transcript-of-court-or-tribunal-proceedings-form-ex107

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
she would be ordering me to pay £2000.00 in 21 days but when I had Court Order she had only given me 14 Days. Is it best to Appeal this Judgement or Start another Claim on the basis that Defendant stated several times in his statement that he thought that I had abandoned the Items but he should have written to me to ask me to remove items . Just to let you know the Claim was for the value of Items plus interest from July 2014 The Value of Items removed or impounde was over £22000.00 plus Interest which comes to nearly £3000.00

You can not start another claim if it arises out of the same facts.

You need to appeal Judgment.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you I will have a word my local solicitor re Appealing I will award you a 5 star rating

Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for mistake £3000.00 should have been £30000.00

Yes, the answer is the same!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As I qualify for remmision on form do I need to pay for Transcrpt

You do, yes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have appealed and sent in my skeleton argument do I need to send a copy of this to the defendant at this stage