LondonlawyerJ
LondonlawyerJ, Solicitor
Experience:  Experienced solicitor
76316425

I have been asked by the landlord the following: Inspection

Customer Question

I have been asked by the landlord the following:
Inspection is overdue and he wants to come for inspection in a given date and time.
The question is:
The short hold tenancy agreement does not specify any inspection except in clause 20) which states that both tenants and landlord have to sign and complete an inspection report at the the beginning and at the end.
Does he still have the right for inspection?
Also , what rights has he got once entering ? in different meaning , am I required to answer his annoying comments while he is in ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is what I had from him when I sent him the term 20 stating in my question above :The routine inspection is covered under the provisions of “The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985”. Normally it is carried every three months but since I know you well , I did not want to come to frequently to disturb you. Going forward, I shall try to come every six month after arranging a convenient time with you.
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 2 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

Your landlord has the right to inspect whether it is written int the tenancy a or not so long as u=it happens only occasionally and with reasonable notice. You do not need to be there if he has a key and you do not have to talk to him.

A 6 monthly inspection is reasonable as far as the law is concerned.