chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Permission under proposed drawings for roof extension under

Permission under proposed drawings for roof extension under permitted development was approved by the council, the builder built it lower and is now saying it's because the original roof was lower but did not contact anyone and is saying the architects approved drawings did not reflect the actual roof. Can you tell me whether once the council has accepted these measurements, can these measurements be challenged
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Drawings also sent to building control, we sent all information to an independent RICS surveyor who also got the builders response as to why. The chartered surveyor stated the builder built it wrong and not according to accepted drawings. Can he deviate from the plans after acceptance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm ok to wait but would need an answer very soon
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you. Unfortunately JustAnswer cannot guarantee a time, however most questions are answered in a timely manner. Response times can be affected by the number of Experts online, the difficulty level of questions, question price, or other factors.
Hi,Thank you for your question.I am a Solicitor and practice in the area of Property Law.Would you still like assistance with this?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but I need an answer to the question. Once the council have validated the permitted development drawings with measurements from the architect that these are then the accepted measurements you build to
Hi,Yes that is correct. Any deviation from those 0lans must be authorised and revised 0lans submitted.The builder cannot just go and build what he feels is right.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That includes not being able to build it lower than the plans as well doesn't it?
That is correct. Do build lower than the stipulated plans would be a deviation from the approved plans and require amended permission.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just so there is no uncwrtainty. This is the law and specifically applies to permitted development plans as well.
Any construction not agreed or as per specification will require approval.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks

Would you like any further assistance with this? If not, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)