Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Ive got a tenant who is 4 months in arrears with her rent

Customer Question

hi ive got a tenant who is 4 months in arrears with her rent after trying to come to an arrangement she said she cant pay it or any rent going forward so I gave her 4 weeks to leave the property even tho I was advised 2 was enough due to amount of rent arreras and now shes saying housing wont give her a house and still in the property what will I do now ive already been out nearly 3000 with missed rent and charges
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i sent her an eviction notice with the grounds 8,10,11 on the 09/07/2018 before that i sent her letters regarding rent and tried to help her get payments made but still nothing
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: lambhill ,Glasgow
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i think that's all
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Did you send a formal S.8 notice?
Did you protect the deposit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I sent s8 notice and the deposit doesn't even cover amount due nvr mind the condition the property is in

Is the deposit protected?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the deposit is only 1 months rent she owes 4 months so far
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
its in safe deposit Scotland
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
safe deposit Scotland

Ok - if you have served a S.8 then you can apply to the court for possession.

What is it you want to ask me about this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
her local housing has told her we cant put her out the property until she has a home and that they wont make her homeless because she lives there even tho she is being evicted
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi are you still online thanks
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how long does it take to get possession and does it cost also as ive already been out so much

Yes you can get a possession order. The Council wont do anything until you have a possession order.

It can take a month or so to get it.

There is a Court fee to pay to get it listed.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.