chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I had a commercial lease. The Landlord breached his

I had a commercial lease. The Landlord breached his repairing obligations in the lease. I gave him notice I was leaving the premises. I then wound up my limited company. The landlords solicitor is now saying that I have no claim against the landlord because the tenant company no long exists. Is this true?
Hi,Thank you for your question.Would you still like assistance with this?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please

Unfortunately, the landlords solicitor is correct. A company is a separate entity and itvwiuld have e claim. If the company is no more, Unfortunately it's claim dies with it.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.