chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I’ve moved into a flat this weekend. In the contract it was

Customer Question

I’ve moved into a flat this weekend. In the contract it was specified there would be a wardrobe and a bed. This has not materialised. The landlord is now saying the wardrobe is not necessary, the bed may arrive next week. What are my options at the point?
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 2 months ago.
Hi,Thank you for your question.Would you still like assistance with this?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please, just to know legally what my options are.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, I already paid for an answer. I don’t see why I need to pay again for a telephone call.
Hi,I am not sure why you have been asked for a telephone call. Please ignore this request.If your flat is supposed to be furnished and it is not, this is a breach. You would be entitled to claim your rent back for the days where you were without furniture.If the problem persists, there is an argument for terminating the agreement.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Many thanks
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 month ago.

Would you like any further assistance with this? If not, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
You mentioned they would be in breach of contract, how would I go about claiming back the money owed due to the breach?

You would ask them to pay within 14 days or you will issue proceedings . If at the end of the 14 days they have not paid, you will have to issue proceedings. You will be able to do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.