Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Can you tell me who owns this land please?51.520115,

Can you tell me who owns this land please?51.520115, -0.104698
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
Assistant: Where is the land located?
Customer: Adjacent to 40, Cowcross Street EC1M 6BY
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience.

Providing the land is registered, I should be able to confirm the owner and provide you with a copy of the register entries - however there would be a £4 fee payable to the Land Registry to obtain the register entries. Is that acceptable?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Joshua,Yes as long as I have an answer to my question I would be satisfied with thatRichard

This is the Land Registry's map system on which I have marked an X in the place the property is located from your coordinates. Can you kindly confirm it is in the correct place - please be as precise as possible?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this is the spot

Thanks. According to the basic information provided by the Land Registry system, this appears to be land included within title to Farringdon Station however it is not certain without obtaining a copy of the title fo Farringdon Station to confirm for which as I mentioned there is a fee to pay the Land Registry of £4. It is possible there are one or two small gaps in the station's title which are unregistered of which this could be one. Also it could be possible that the station has granted a leasehold title in respect of this land which should be mentioned in the stations title if it has been granted for more than 7 years.

Is there any reason you believe it is not registered under the station's title and would you like me to proceed and obtain a copy of the stations title to confirm?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I know very little about this site this is only an initial enquiry. Thank you very much for your help Joshua

A pleasure. So to summarise from what I can see the land is owned within the title to Farringdon Street Station (which I believe is owned by Transport for London Network Rail) and may be subleased to an occupier. To absolutely confirm the position however, as above, it is necessary to obtain a copy of the title. I can do this for you or you can do it yourself if you prefer - the full address of the title to request is Farringdon Station, Cowcross Street, London, EC1M 6BY - which will include a large estate including it would appear this property. Please let me know if you would like me to obtain it for you at cost as above.

Otherwise please let me know if I can be of any further assistance as and when you learn more.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I certainly will, thanks very much for your help

Best wishes