Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I live wth my parents in a protected tenancy property all of

Customer Question

I live wth my parents in a protected tenancy property all of my life, now aged 27. Parents want to move out. What rights if any do I have.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Worcestershire Private landlords
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My parents have lived in the property for the last 30 years. The property is part of a very large country estate
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Just to be clear, your parents want to give up the tenancy?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Then no, you would only get a protected right if they died and you succeeded the property.

They are just giving it up - so no.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 3 months ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the bottom of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.