Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I was offered a housing association house last month. I am a

I was offered a housing association house last month. I am a single parent with three children two are autistic. Initially offered as my daughter was thought to be coming home from uni, but she isn't so was assessed for the extra room dye to the autistic 16yr old. I had an inspection on my house and was told to prepare for a move soon. I sent in medical and other supporting forms to the allocations team as well as receiving calls from the benefits team in the housing team saying it is going ahead. I have received a letter today stating my medical need is not valid for this property and it's not bring offered to me. I am wondering what recourse I have as I was just waiting for a moving date and was preparing to reorganize tansport etc. as my boys get it to school. Any advice would be aporeciated
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with your question today. I am reviewing it, please give me a moment.

Does it give you an option to appeal?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I haven't been told about that but I have them calling me on Monday. I've also already made a formal complaint to the local authority and the housing association. I plan to contact the head of housing to resolve this. As my kids have disabilities the local authority will be aware of my situation

Have they sent anything in writing?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's supposed to be turning up on Monday. I don't think there was the expectation for me to query it. I had a letter on Friday but it was not giving me any info as to why I was rejected for the four bed need. I called them and thus is what is (supposed) to be turning up in monday

Did they call and tell you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No letter.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I've signed all the forms with regard to the house aside from the tenancy.

Ok - you should write to the Chief Executive of the Association and make a formal complaint.

They will then investigate the matter and report back to you.

Once you have this response then you can go to the Local Government Ombudsman.

They offer a free, independent service and can examine your complaint for free. They are at: www.lgo.org.uk

That should resolve the matter for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that's fine. I've got the details of the Ceo of the housing association. I've had to do thus before so I am at least on the right track. Thank you for the guidance though.

Great. Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No that's all thank you.