Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am desperate ... I have a tenant who will not move out of

Customer Question

Hi I am desperate ... I have a tenant who will not move out of my property she is from Finland , I previously took her to court and lost the case as I had to pay her the times the amount of the deposit although she owed me 2 months rent .
Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: i have now issued a section 8 as she has not paid me for 6 months so I can’t pay my mortgage I am going to be repossessed because I cannot pay my bills . I am in such a dilemma as I have to rent out another house and pay my rent otherwise I would have no roof over my head . But she continues to live in my property and not pay a penny
Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: I am in London
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes I am owed 6 months rent and she has been served a section 8 but now I have been informed that I have to pay £355 for a court application ... why do I need a court hearing she has lived in my property for 6 months not paid me a penny ???
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am ok and will wait it’s a bit of a bad service though ??
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Are you live in landlord? If not, did you get a possession order?