SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Someone has left old scaffold at the back of my property in

Customer Question

Someone has left old scaffold at the back of my property in a right of way please advice how i can remove this
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 10 months ago.

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If you know who has done it then you ought to advise them to remove their scaffolding and warn them that if they do not within a specific number of days they are blocking your right of way so any costs you incur to get them removed and discarded you will seek reimbursment from them plus damages for the time taken to deal with their scaffolding. If you do not know who it is then you could advise the local authority that the scaffolding has been flytipped into your right of way and they would normally make arrangements to get removed. Unfortunately if the Council refuse or give you a date thats too far then you may have to speak to any other neighbours who are also blocked in order to share the cost and get the scaffolding removed and dumped at the tip.

I hope this is useful to you. I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best