iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

My tenancy agreement ends in August. My letting agent has

Good evening,My tenancy agreement ends in August. My letting agent has contacted me by email to renew the agreement for a fixed term of 12 months.I have replied with ‘I’m happy to renew’ at the time, however I do not want to renew my agreement now.Is the reply of ‘I’m happy to renew. Can we add my boyfriend on the agreement as well?’ legally binding or does the renewal of a tenancy agreement require a signature?Thank you,
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, I have only written the email as a response
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: South east kent
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Prior to my reply of 'Im happy to renew' the Letting agent and I have discussed several options to renew by email as well, I've replied to 'Im happy to renew' to one of those.

i m reviewing

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

If you want to add your boyfriend in the contract then it would be completely new contract but if both parties are agreed then there is not an issue.

on the other side, if you want to end up your contract in August then still you can convey your message by writing to you letting agent that you want to end up in August. there are more than 2 months remaining so you would not have any problem.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your quick response,So my e-mail reply to the letting agent stating that I’m happy to renew is not legally binding for them to use to force me into renewing my contract?I do want to end the tenancy agreement with them and not renew.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my e-mail reply to the letting agent stating that I’m happy to renew is not legally binding for them to use to force me into renewing my contract?I do want to end the tenancy agreement with them and not renew.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
my e-mail reply to the letting agent stating that I’m happy to renew is not legally binding for them to use to force me into renewing my contract?
I do want to end the tenancy agreement with them and not renew.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry for the spam, was on accident

yes,

if you not want to renew then you can give notice to leave the property on end date of tenancy.