Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I am interested in buying an abandoned plot of land near my

Hi, I am interested in buying an abandoned plot of land near my property. It was probably used as an allotment but has been un touched for over 20 years. I have tried the Land Registry but there are no records for this land, although it is clear who owns all boardering land. How can i go about seeking the owner and trying to purchase?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have searched the Land Registry for Title, tried the map locator etc but they have no title details on record.
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Kirby Hill, North Yorkshire
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats the scenario.

I am afraid that as the Land is not registered at the Land Registry, there will be no public record as to who owns it. So, it comes down to good old fashioned detective work and all you can do is to ask the neighbouring owners as to whether or not they know the name of the owner.

I am sorry I can not give you better news, but I hope I have answered your question from a legal perspective.

Kind Regards

Al