chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I was asking the question about a boyfriend that got evicted

I was asking the question about a boyfriend that got evicted letter today and got 28 days of notice from the Southwark Council and he's got a spider Hole Sun and he cannot get hold of his passport as yet because there was a fort with a passport where the mum was the only one that signed under passport and the Mum is not in the country but at the same time for boy is the Dead full time so he got a few got evicted a letter because he could not provide a proof for passport so it would like to know what step to take from this on words for the next 28 days within this evicted notice because they told him to go private
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO

What kind of notice was served?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
It was a 28 days service letter so basically got 28 days to leave the property and it 1-bedroom temporary accommodation in Southwark barrier but it's from Southwark Council but Southwark is saying to go anywhere in private so how do we go about that

The council cannot just evict you if you do not leave. They will have to apply to court for an Order for Possession. Once this is granted, the court will give up to 28bdays in which to vacate from the date of the Order.

Thereafter if you do not leave, the Council will.have to instruct Bailiffs to carry out a warrant for execution.

I hope this answers your question.