How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask chatham-chamber Your Own Question
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 13397
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
chatham-chamber is online now

I was asking the question about a boyfriend that got evicted

This answer was rated:

I was asking the question about a boyfriend that got evicted letter today and got 28 days of notice from the Southwark Council and he's got a spider Hole Sun and he cannot get hold of his passport as yet because there was a fort with a passport where the mum was the only one that signed under passport and the Mum is not in the country but at the same time for boy is the Dead full time so he got a few got evicted a letter because he could not provide a proof for passport so it would like to know what step to take from this on words for the next 28 days within this evicted notice because they told him to go private
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO


What kind of notice was served?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was a 28 days service letter so basically got 28 days to leave the property and it 1-bedroom temporary accommodation in Southwark barrier but it's from Southwark Council but Southwark is saying to go anywhere in private so how do we go about that


The council cannot just evict you if you do not leave. They will have to apply to court for an Order for Possession. Once this is granted, the court will give up to 28bdays in which to vacate from the date of the Order.

Thereafter if you do not leave, the Council will.have to instruct Bailiffs to carry out a warrant for execution.

I hope this answers your question.

chatham-chamber and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you