Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have asked my agency to terminate my lease earlier the

Hi i have asked my agency to terminate my lease earlier the landlord agreed but they only took action 3 weeks ago when i had informed them 3 months ago. I would like to know if I'm still liable for the property?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Email only
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Andover Hampshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The have told me to pay an early release fee which is not stated in my contract

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Did the Landlord agree in writing and say when it would be?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The agency put the property back on the market and said that they accepted my request to leave on the 31st of July

Ok, then if it was in writing you can't be asked to pay any more.

Its in writing. Therefore its a binding deal.

They can not make you pay any more.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They are trying to make me liable for the rent until a new tenant moves in. But from the minute that the property is back on the market that means the landlord agreed for me to end the tenancy early therefore should i be still held liable for rent?

No, it was in writing.

You are not liable.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thank you

Pleasure