Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

I have inherited property, do I complete the forms TR1 and

I have inherited property, do I complete the forms TR1 and AP1?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I am waiting for probate to go through but I want to prepare the paperwork ready for when it arrives.
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Essex
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The property is leasehold and I live in France, can I still transfer the property myself (I am the executor)

Hi, you can transfer the property to yourself and that is what you should do. However it is the AS1 Form you need to complete and not a TR1.

If you are going to use a Solicitor, you will also need to complete an ID1 Form and you submit the documents with the AP1.

I hope this answers your question and if so, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your prompt reply, do you mean I need the AP1 or is there an AS1 form as mentioned in your reply?

Hi, the AS1 is the Form transferring the property to you and you will need to submit this with the AP1. The AP1 will also list the Probate which you will also need to submit as and when it is issued. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That’s super, thanks for your help. Where do I rate you please?

Thanks! All the best Al