UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I own a flat still with a mortgage but have been told I only

Customer Question

Hi, I own a flat still with a mortgage but have been told I only have 69 years left on the lease. I want to sell the flat next year, so want to renew it but not sure how much it will be and what steps to take. Thanks. Jackie
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No nothing at all. I was only told this morning by my flat management company and really worried that it is going to be expensive.
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Halstead, Essex. CO9 1DF
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you, ***** ***** some help. Thank you.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

If you have owned the property for more than 2 years, you may invoke the statutory lease extension procedure.

You may use this calculator to see what your estimated cost will be: https://www.lease-advice.org/calculator/

I would also advise you to instruct a conveyancing solicitor to handle the process for you if you are unfamiliar with it as it is technical and complex.

May I help further?