iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Hiya I’m just wanting some advice I’ve got eviction notice

Customer Question

Hiya I’m just wanting some advice I’ve got eviction notice on my house but I moved in my nanas to care for her but sadly she’s past last we and due to me been evicted I ask the council in I could stay in my nana as I’ll shortly be home less but they said because my eviction isn’t till a fortnight away that I have to leave and go back to my house I’m just wondering what I could do
Assistant: Where is she? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I’ve paid the rent on my nanas house for another 4 week but they said I have to leave before then
Assistant: What steps has she taken so far?
Customer: Middlesbrough
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She’s only just been told the information today so I don’t know what else to do
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

If you just got eviction notice but not evicted yet so why you want to live your nanas?

Why did you pay your nanas rent if she is died already and

why you think that you should stay there?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was staying here to care for her and was gunna give my house up before I got eviction notice. My house is a 4 bed and so is this I have 5 children and this would be ideal and as I’m gunna be homeless in a fortnight I’d like to stay
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I paid the rent as the other lady from council said I’d probably able to still me and the children already are living from nanas and have been for about 4 week before nana died last Wednesday
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

did you tell everything to council? what they say?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That I’d have to move back the the house I’m been evicted from but my my land lord is back from holiday tomorrow and I’d already said I’d leave on his return
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
until I was home less I wouldn’t do anything
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

If you got eviction notice then they should not wait for fortnightly eviction.

Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

Did they give you written or just verbal?

Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

who is living in your nanas house now?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Written notice just me and my 5 children now nanas past
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

you have assured short hold tenancy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What does this mean. They wouldn’t gave me the tenancy because I still have a fortnight on the eviction house
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

Your nanas house tenancy was assured short hold? And you were in this tenancy?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No just my nana was on the tenancy she’d lived the for nearly 20 years with my auntie but she past before nana so when nana found out she had terminal cancer I moved in to care for her full time but we were told she’d have 6 month to a year to live that’s why I moved in and told my landlord I’d be out on his return from holiday which is today but she only lived 5 weeks.
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

what solution you are expecting?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
To be able to live in my nanas house
Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

hi

i give your answer.

If you have joint tenancy with your nana to the council then they may transfer tenancy on your name.

you have explained that you were just carer and was living with your nana for some time but your name was not included in tenancy agreement.

you can discuss your eviction notice with council but it will be their discretion. you have explained that council has not accepted your request.

i am afraid i do not have good news for you. you will have to apply in her own capacity. they will assess your case independantly, if you will qualify for property criteria then they will allot you a different property according to number of people who will live with you.

But still if you want to stay in your nana property then they cannot evict you without court orders. In the mean time, your eviction notice time will be expired.

when they will go to court you can defend yourself in court by providing your eviction notice that you are homeless with your children. then court will decide accordingly.

i hope it will help you.

please you give 5 star to encourage me to help people

Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

.

Expert:  iram a replied 2 months ago.

I see you have read my response to your query. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can simply reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’ and I won’t bother you again. Thank you