UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been living in a property and I spilt some wax in the

Customer Question

I have been living in a property and I spilt some wax in the carpet and I still have some money left in the deposit, however they are asking more money to cover for the carpet and for cleaners, I found a cleaner that would be less and they refused it and went for there contractor which was 85. anyway they want 200 out of me. I never signed a renewal tenancy but paid a fee to put the property in my name after I split up with my boyfriend, I don't know what to do? thank you!
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing so far they are just sending me threatening emails to take me to court even though iv tried cooperating and paying for a cleaner, there original quotes for things getting fixed change all the time they always say its cheaper and then say it cost more.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: harrogate
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes people entered the property illegally without notice, I was promised cleaners when I moved in but I never received cleaners, I spent 3 days cleaning before I could unpack, I was promised a new toilet seat but didn't receive one for 6 months. they made me pay 6 months up front on top of a guarantor form, It took forever for them to sort out the leak in the cupboard and my ex lived there the door got taken down by the police because h was violent. The deposit was 630 and the door was 373 but then received a letter stating it was 100 on top, I was told the carpet would be 250, and now iv been sent a quote for it being 275, I found a decent cleaning company in my area for 30 for 2 hours but they are charging 85 and refused my offer and threatened court straight away. they also sent me a renewal tenancy for just me but I never signed it. thank you
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

Is your deposit protected?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it is but I instructed them to take money out of the deposit for the door and there was 257 left in the bond

You may lodge a dispiute with the protection scheme in this case as it appears that your landlord/letting agent is acting unreasonably.

May I help further?