Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My current Rental agreement expires & i no longer want to

Customer Question

My current Rental agreement expires & i no longer want to continue with the current Agent; however the Tenant has agreed to continue under the same terms & conditions.If there is a 'clause ' in the Tenancy declaration, that states:
'I agree to pay *** all fees in respect of the Tenancy or related fees as detailed above, & to pay such fees in respect of the Full period, for which any Tenant introduced by the Agency occupies the property, whether or not the company is instructed in connection with the letting.
Is this 'legally binding'?I wanted to remove the 'Agent , as they proceeded to increase the 'Rent' without Consulting/negotiating with me first.
The Tenants have stated that they are unlikely to stay the whole one year period , & i am flexible in this regard.
Would be grateful for your help.Thanks & regards,
Susan .
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Have just asked to see the Signed Declaration on the @Terms of Agreement'.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: They have asked for a 'full years fees; regardless of the fact that the Tenants may not stay a 'full year'. When i contested this; 'just Letting fees' they said they would give me a 'reduction of 400 pounds.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that is all. I will await their questions. I feel that i have 'no choice' in the matter. I wanted to be sure.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 2 months ago.
Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately this would be legally binding and is a common clause. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.