UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I recently moved out before my tenancy agreement was

Customer Question

Hi, I recently moved out before my tenancy agreement was finished but I did not tell anyone that I had moved out as I was planning on going back to my room and cleaning it and clearing everything out. Today, one of the guys from the agency entered my room without any given notice and filmed it as it was messy and unclean and had sent it to landlady. And now the landlady messaged me very rude messages and threatening to post the video online. I was wondering what are my rights in this if this happens?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have not done anything. I am cleaning and clearing everything out tomorrow and giving back the keys as well. My actually tenancy ends on the 16th
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London, lewisham
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Cancel the call please, that was by accident
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 9 days ago.

You may lodge a complaint against both the agency and the landlady for breach of your privacy and right to peaceful and exclusive occupation of the property.

You may also complain to the ICO regarding this breach of your privacy as there are data protection issues: https://www.entrust.org.uk/privacy/privacy-and-data-protection/what-is-gdpr-and-how-do-i-complain/

May I help further?