Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I have a court hearing on 24 September at Clerkenwell. The

Hello,my name is***** have a court hearing on 24 September at Clerkenwell. The Landlord broght a claim for possesion of property because of rent arrears. Unfortunately, I became unemployed and at present can't cope with a rent. I need to fill in the defence form. From Legal Aid I received entitlement number to facilitate paying solicitor's fees.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not yet. I'm looking for someone to help me with this. Because I also want to make a counter-claim against the Landlord and EDF energy for the debts, loaded on my prepayment meter which I didn't incur. I have a strong conviction that they acted in complicity.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: In Camberwell, London.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, in September 2015 and in October 2017 two outstanding balances were transferred into my account by EDF Energy. I didn't incur those debts and made a set-off using my current rent. The Landlord agreed to pay them crediting my rental account. It means that those transferences were illegal

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I need someone to represent me at court and also to help to prepare and submit a counter-claim against the Landlord and EDF energy

Ok, we can't represent you.

I can tell you where you can get a public access Barrister and what the law is.

Is that ok?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it's OK. Could you please send me that information? Thanks.

Www.clerksroomdirect.com