UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am renting a commercial property where the landlord has

I am renting a commercial property where the landlord has agreed that I can leave without penalty without giving full notice. Does this mean that I have to give my subtenant full notice (1 month) or the fact that I leave will invalidate any contract she has with me?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
please continue ...thank you

If you leave, it would not invalidate the subtenancy, it merely means that the subtenant becomes a tenant of your landlord, unless otherwise agreed.

If your landlord wishes the subtenant to go, they may ask you to give them notice to leave or they may give them notice to leave directly once you have gone.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your response...so I don’t need to tell my subtenant I am leaving in advance and that at the time I go any further communication will be direct with the landlord

You do not have to, but you may do so as a matter of courtesy.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience