Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Last week I moved into a property to find it hadn't been

Hello last week I moved into a property to find it hadn't been cleaned or decorated after the previous tenant moved out .Starting from the Gerden which needs renovation, the Gerden door is damaged , the fence needs renovating . The tree is rotten and should be completely removed, the windows sill is dirty , the shed is really dirty with mould and disgusting stuff inside , the garden had been unkept.Inside the house, the walls have cracks , the fridge door needs mendingI have being emailing and phoning the agency and they keep promising to get back to me.I find it strange that they are happy to charge me over £2k month and yet fail to clean or mend the faulty areas
Can I withhold the rent until it is fixed or can I do it my self and send them the invoice?
Please advice
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evidence
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evidence 2
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evidence 3
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evidence 4
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Evedence
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help.

The answer to your question is both. You can withhold the rent until they fix the issues, however, you must be able to show that you have the rent put aside. If they still refuse then you can pay and deduct the cost accordingly. However, this is only in relation to essential maintenance and not superficial.

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions.

Ross

Ross Miller,
Experience: Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you very much
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello they finaly agreed to fix the issues a couple of weeks ago, but all they do is procastinate, my doughter feel down due to one of the issues pointed to them, as I matter of urgency to prevent any accidents can I go ahead and start fixing these issues and send them the invoice?