iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

Assistant: How can I help? i have a question about the

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: i have a question about the notice of severance. My sister wants to change a joint tenancy agreement to tenants in common
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: My sister is filing paperwork but I don’t agree with the change to tenants in common. But from what I have read online she can change to tenants in common without my consent
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Uk
Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if she sends notice of severance by recorded post and I don’t accept it how does she proof she has served the notice to me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How long do I need to wait roughly for a reply

hi,

i can help you for your concerns.

she can give you this notice in the presence of witness. . she can send you email and can have prove for this.

she can send a first class post and can have a proof of sending.

you have explained that if she sends recorded delivery but you do not accept then the sending proof will be enough for her to prove that the she tried to serve the notice but you did not accept.

i hope it will help you

please give positive rating for my efforts to answer your question

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Basically there is no point in me refusing to sign the agreement to change it to Tenants in Common because she is able to do this with or without my consent. Is this correct?

yes