Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am a private tenant with 7 others sharing the house. I

Customer Question

I am a private tenant with 7 others sharing the house. I moved to that property 25th of May 2019. on 10th of June I received a bill from EDF Energy to pay £325 (just for 5 days!) Since when the EDF continue to harass me threatening with the court, bailiffs and debt collectors. My Tenancy Agreement( I have sent it to EDF too) says , that I pay fixed rent only. Please, advice me, what I have to do to resolve this problem. Thanks
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I contacted them via phone, via email numerous times...they are not hearing me out...I am thinking to contact the Ombudsman?
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Brent council
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: the main details I gave already
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 9 days ago.

Is the bill currently in your name?