LegalNinja
LegalNinja, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
103518254

Can my letting agent view the property after 24 hours notice

Can my letting agent view the property after 24 hours notice even after I decline permission to view. ?They claim it's part of tenancy agreement that they are entitled to view with 24 hours notice . However the timing is not convenient for us . And inspite of us declining over email they state that they have right for the same.

That is incorrect. The agents cannot simply just walk into the property and require your express consent for any viewings.

I trust this assists?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If the agreement specifically mentions that the agent are to be allowed on 24 hours notice, will they have a right
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
They have given 24 hours notice however I have told them we cannot allow acces till Monday as we are busy ..but they replied saying they will proceed as they have given notice
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What should I respond ? And how to deal with it if they still enter inspite of me declining ?

No. They cannot simply just walk into your property without your express consent.

Please see below some guidance on this:

https://www.simplybusiness.co.uk/knowledge/articles/2016/12/landlord-access-rights/

Will that be all?

Hello are you still there?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thanks

Thank you for confirming.

Please kindly leave a positive rating.