How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Remus2004 Your Own Question
Remus2004, Barrister
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2473
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Remus2004 is online now

I want to increase the rent on my property the current

Customer Question

I want to increase the rent on my property the current tenants have been there since June 2015 without an increase, how much can I increase the rent by, and do I need to complete a form, the tenancy agreement does have a clause about rent increases.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I haven't done anything yet.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Carlisle
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free service
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.


I will be assisting you. Please bare with me whilst I type a response.

This is not a free service. The value is stated at the top your screen. Do you still wish to proceed?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I don't see value at the top of my screen, I have just paid £5 for a 7 day trial. Is there another cost?
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Unfortunately, Experts on JA do not deal with payments. Any queries should be directed to JA.

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Please refer to the site's Terms and Conditions.

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Do you wish to continue?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not at the moment I need to contact justanswer
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Very well.

We can continue on here once you have clarified.

Kind regards,

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 6 days ago.


Just following up whether you require any further assistance?