How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

We currently have a 5 week deposit with a company called the

Customer Question

We currently have a 5 week deposit with a company called the TDS Tenancy Deposit Scheme. If I stop paying the rent will the TDS give us the 5 weeks rent deposit back or will they side with the landlord and pay it to the landlord as unpaid rent?
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 9 months ago.
Hi thank you for your message, deposit money cannot be used for unpaid rent. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.