How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6642
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter has just died and we have learnt that her name

Customer Question

My daughter has just died and we have learnt that her name was not on the deeds although she contributed to the deposit with 11,000 and contributed to the making and upkeep . Can we make sure that her entitlement will go to her only child
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No she only died two days ago
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Pembrokshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 months ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.


Whose name is ***** ***** deeds and how would you value your daughter's share in the property?

Did your daughter make a Will?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Her partner of12years they have a daughter of 8 years old , she bought the furniture and they have owned the house for 6years We her mother and farther paid the money directly to the solicitor at the time and we thought the house was in joint names it was only when I said would he transfer my daughters share to her daughter that he said she wasn't on the morgage
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

Thank you.

A child cannot hold the legal title and therefore cannot be on the deeds or the mortgage.

He should make a Declaration of Trust in favour of his daughter saying he holds her share in trust for her. This Declaration should then be registered at the Land Registry against the title. A solicitor may help with this.

I hope this helps. If so, please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They have their own business and they have worked together so I feel she should have been included he said it was more expensive to include her at the time the house is worth about £300,000
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

I am afraid it was really for your daughter to have sorted this out as it will be a battle now unless he agrees to enter into a declaration of trust for say 50% of the property to be for the child.

All the best

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 months ago.

Please leave a positive rating so that I can close this question.