UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My daughter has just died and we have learnt that her name

Customer Question

My daughter has just died and we have learnt that her name was not on the deeds although she contributed to the deposit with 11,000 and contributed to the making and upkeep . Can we make sure that her entitlement will go to her only child
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No she only died two days ago
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Pembrokshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 days ago.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 8 days ago.

Whose name is ***** ***** deeds and how would you value your daughter's share in the property?

Did your daughter make a Will?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Her partner of12years they have a daughter of 8 years old , she bought the furniture and they have owned the house for 6years We her mother and farther paid the money directly to the solicitor at the time and we thought the house was in joint names it was only when I said would he transfer my daughters share to her daughter that he said she wasn't on the morgage

A child cannot hold the legal title and therefore cannot be on the deeds or the mortgage.

He should make a Declaration of Trust in favour of his daughter saying he holds her share in trust for her. This Declaration should then be registered at the Land Registry against the title. A solicitor may help with this.

I hope this helps. If so, please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
They have their own business and they have worked together so I feel she should have been included he said it was more expensive to include her at the time the house is worth about £300,000

I am afraid it was really for your daughter to have sorted this out as it will be a battle now unless he agrees to enter into a declaration of trust for say 50% of the property to be for the child.

All the best

Please leave a positive rating so that I can close this question.